Monday, April 20, 2009

Mississippi...















Lester- someone we have gotten to know from Clarksdale, MS.















Watching Jane make cookies. Jane also taught Amelia how to say "more" very clearly as she gave Amelia her first raisins and her first cookie.

Before we had little A, Seth and I often went to Mississippi over spring break to work with Habitat for Humanity. We decided to go this year with our college friends (and our old friends Bill and Jane). It was a risk taking a baby but Amelia had the time of her life (except for the 8 hour car ride from h@!!) She got so much attention from sun up to sun down that there was no way she was going to nap! She made lots of new friends, had lots of help improving her walking, cleanliness and healthy diet went out the window, she learned lots of new words, and got exposed to some good blues and barbeque (she just tasted her first french fry). Seth worked on the work site and led the group spiritually and I mostly watched Amelia and grocery shopped, cooked and cleaned around the dorm. Stuff I usually do but instead I did for a family of 24. It was a good time. It was also meaningful because the group was organized by our dear friend Matt Sutton and we were working on a house for the mother of JJ and Brandon (you may recall that JJ lived with us for a few months in 2006).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home