Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Hush Descends

...as a new Kerlin post breaks into the blogosphere. For centuries they were dormant, and then, not unlike John Travolta's career, they came back bigger and badder than ever. The long wait was finally over. The Kerlins...had posted.
In the spirit of Douglas Adams we apologize for any inconvenience. But you see, we have had no camera to post pictures with, and our lives have also been a tad unremarkable until recently. Had we posted earlier they would have been text posts with entries like "Brushed teeth today. Found piece of sausage in molars. Will save for later." And let's face it- no one wants to hear that sort of thing.
Much has happened recently though. Above you will see a picture of a bunch of kids (the New Covenant high school youth group) with me (Seth) and my father. We are in Sherard Mississippi building homes for Habitat for Humanity. I believe this shot was taken Monday July 3rd- a couple of days after I had received a phone call from New Covenant Fellowship saying that the church had voted in referendum unanimously (143 to 0, I believe- yes, I feel affirmed) to make me the new youth pastor of the church. Laura and I were both ecstatic to hear the news as we had been greatly enjoying spending time with these kids and really felt as though God was blessing us through them (and hopefully vice versa). Actually, this shot came at the tail of a 3 1/2 week youth blitzkrieg of sorts that began with some hard hiking in the Colorado Rockies and ended with the last H for H day in Mississippi. More on all of that later.
Other big news we have includes the purchase of a home (my mother figures big in that story), Laura starting grad school in the Fall, a recent Ellen Eischen sighting, a NASA bed, and, well, just lots of uber fascinating stuff that is downright riveting. And we will shortly be acquiring a camera by which means we hope to share with all of you our visual blessings. So quit your sweaty trembling alohakerlins junkies. Your fix is on its way.

8 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger Chris and Julee said...

Yes! I get to post the first comment on the first alohakerlins blog post in months! So... when you get a camera, can we expect to see pictures of the piece of sausage you found in your molars? I assume "will save for later" means "will save until camera available to capture for posterity".

And I want to know more about the NASA bed. And pictures of the new house. And are you considering a name change given the change of venue? Maybe cornfieldkerlins? Or illinoising? (see urbandictionary.com for definition)

Anyway, glad to hear from you.

-C

 
At 10:05 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger Chris and Julee said...

Oh, and I think it goes without saying that I appreciate the Douglas Adams reference. Have you considered mostlyharmlesskerlins? dontpanickerlins?

- C

 
At 2:33 PM, July 26, 2006, Blogger captainbrion said...

I used to check it regularly, but finally gave up. Thanks for the heads up. Love, Dad

 
At 7:39 AM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!
I kept checking every day, then every week, with a growing sense of futility.
I sit amazed.
And chuckling. You're funny.
Can't wait to see/hear details of all your adventures. Except the dental sort.

 
At 8:49 AM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I never stopped checking. That stinking Santa just kept on surfing the waves, day after day, after day, day, by day, by day. And finally my prayers have been answered. Ironically, without Santa, it still feels a little like Christmas. Welcome back, eh?

 
At 9:51 AM, July 27, 2006, Blogger seth kerlin said...

Wow! I am overwhelmed by your loyalty, friends!

More to come!

 
At 5:10 AM, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a whim, I decided to check your blog and was happy to find a new post! So glad you both are back in CU & at NCF. Now we just need to find time to hang out... :)

-Luci

 
At 7:29 AM, August 09, 2006, Blogger J said...

this is indeed fantastic news that the uber-riveting kerlin blog has been resurrected.

i assumed "will save for later" meant the sausage was to be eaten as a snack at a later time. btw, blog entries don't have to revolve around photos. text entries are perfectly acceptable.

anyway, congrats on the new house, kerlins! perhaps i shall venture south to see you again one day. and to share a bailey's shake :).

-jannie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home