Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Home...And Staying That Way


Having finally purchased our camera we are on our way to recording the mundane details of our lives that are our friends' raison d' etre. We just got the camera today and I managed to snap two pics of our living room and backyard before dashing off to a youth group event that will no doubt be mentioned in the next post. You may notice a dearth of furniture in the living room shot but that will be dealt with 'in good time' (or 'next year'). Our backyard includes a mongo (sp.?) garden with cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, onions, turnips, and God only knows what else 'cuz it's got work written all over it and we're scared to go back there.
The house itself (better shots on the way) we purchased from my mother Ann and her significant other Chuck and we are totally in love with it. The current plan is to live here until we die.
In other news we already have a live-in in our finished basement, a 21 year old by the name of JJ who is from Mississippi and needed a place to stay for a few months. So we feel blessed to be able to help someone out right away with our new home.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You're finally all growned up now. Climbing the 'ol property ladder...

 
At 7:40 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Chris and Julee said...

Congrats - very cool! I hope you have more luck with your garden that we have with ours (on our balcony, that is). I have such an amazing ability to kill plants, I'm not sure I should ever be trusted with a real garden. There's a joke there somewhere about burying my one talent/plant in the ground...

- C

 
At 11:12 PM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the window in the living room, and just wish I was there to help you weed. Really!
Heh heh heh.

 
At 10:57 PM, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...by 'and staying that way', are you insinuating that once again we'll be staring at the same post for months on end?
Please! Noooooo.
But it's a far cry better than Santa, I'll tell you that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home