Saturday, September 10, 2005

Meet Lani, Coe, and Mike
















We couldn't afford the normal horse rides at the ranch but Mike made do with the metallic substitute. The weather was hot but we found shade and set up our chairs where we could see the music stage. Lani and Coe are the other two in the pic. All great kids and we had fun listening to the music and just 'talking story' (as they say here).
I kept wanting to walk down to the beach. What did the kids think? "The beach is boring" (actual quote). Pristine blue waters, crashing surf, crabs scuttling over fine white sand, God's awesome creation- is boring. Well, I guess I feel the same way about cornfields but that's normal, right? I mean, no one is building multi-million dollar homes overlooking the soy fields...
but then maybe these kids would be overwhelmed by the splendor and beauty of miles and miles of green husks. Maybe I need to stop writing.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Josh and Heather said...

To borrow an old Steve Martin quote, "Some people have a way with words and other people... uh... have not way. You guys have a great way with words and we sure do enjoy reading your blog, Seth and Laura!
P.S. We're back from holidays - we'll update our blog soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home