Thank God...We Like Her!

Amelia Jane and mommy are doing well. Laura is pumping enough milk for all of the feedings (39 ml every three hours) and we were even able to sleep at home the last two nights. 'Sleep' may be a bit of an exaggeration as Laura still has to get up every three hours to pump but then no one said that 'sleep' and 'parenthood' are compatible terms.
Amelia is quiet and sleepy usually- but every once in a while she opens her eyes and stares around at things. Occasionally she goes cross-eyed which was cute until I suddenly wondered if I had a cross-eyed daughter. The nurses assure me that this is normal.
For those of you wondering Amelia's shortened name is Mia- we won't be calling her Amy.
Other good news is that Amelia no longer has an IV tube in her and they keep turning down her oxygen- soon she will be breathing on her own (she isn't on a ventilator- just a little oxygen enriching thing).
I shot some video that I will be posting in a few days.
Thanks so much to friends and family for their prayers, calls of support, meals, favors done, etc. I am not even going to begin to try and thank everyone by name here since it would just take too long but Laura and I have felt surrounded by love throughout this whole process and that is such a blessing. God has been good to us. Our baby is a little early but she is beautiful and healthy.
Below are some more pics and just for fun I am going to throw in some 'Laura was pregnant' and 'we went to Michigan for my birthday' pics.





8 Comments:
Great pictures - Mia is so precious! Glad you're all home and settling in (as much as one can 'settle' with a new baby). We tried to call you at the hospital on Wednesday night, but there was no answer. We hoped you were sleeping.
Keep those pictures coming, as you have time. We'll try to call again soon.
-Julee
Thanks Julee...in terms of calling us we are no longer available through the hospital since Mia is still in the NICU and they don't take calls there. So...pretty much only our cellphones work to get a hold of us. Hope you guys are well! Mia might take a bottle for the first time today but Laura sadly has to stay away since she is feeling like she may be getting a cold :(
I LOVE the shot of Mia tucked under Laura's chin. There will be countless times when you'll wish she was still small enough to keep her that safe and close!!
Love you all.
Heather
PS Laura, call if you're ever home alone with your cold and feeling sorry for yourself. I don't call new parents on policy, but please call whenever and I'll call you back, ok?
Congratulations!
She is beautiful! I am so happy that you are all doing well. The pictures are awesome.
Anita
Hi Seth and Laura,
Congratulations on the arrival of the newest Kerlin! Mia looks beautiful, and Laura looks remarkably relaxed in these pictures. Hope you're all doing well as your home life adjusts.
All the best,
Steve
The pictures are beautiful, especially the ones of little Mia snuggled up with her mama. We are really enjoying every picture, but Fia and Kelby can't wait to meet their new cousin!
Auntie Em-
Don't you think it is funny- Mia and Fia? Can't wait for them to meet!
She is absolutely ADORABLE! I cannot wait to meet her! The pic w/ her snuggled under your shin brings tears to my eyes to finally see you as a mother! Ok, I have to stop these pregnancy hormones are taking hold of me!...
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Jesi and Jack, who cant wait to meet his new play buddy! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home